Coffee. Career. Culture. California. Cubs.
Inspiring creative professionals and coffee drinkers from coast to coast.
Alex Gnibus is a 22-year-old PR professional and graduate student. Caffeinated Californian got its name from Alex’s caffeine
addiction passion and beach origins. Born and raised in San Diego, but currently attending the University of Missouri, Alex will always be a West Coast girl with a streak of Midwest.
Alex has been working in fashion, beauty, tech, and lifestyle PR since age 19, when she interned for San Diego-based online fashion retailer Note To You Little Sister (NTYLS). Since then, she has been a part of industry-leading PR teams at Ulta Beauty and Ketchum PR, working with national brands like Urban Decay, Benefit, Whirlpool, Maytag, and many others.
As a self-proclaimed workaholic, Alex usually spends her free time obsessing over her PR work and her side projects. When she isn’t devouring issues of every magazine imaginable or learning how to code, Alex enjoys Bachelorette nights with her roommates, turbo-kick classes that make her forget she’s working out, rooftop bars, concerts, and whacking away on her vintage Remington typewriter. And of course, grabbing a coffee or two. Or three or six.
A few more fun facts about me:
- What’s with my love for the Cubs? I have spent two summers interning in Chicago, resulting in my bandwagoning with the Cubs, the Bulls, and the Blackhawks. But not the Bears. They haven’t won me over yet.
- Favorite Starbucks order? Tie between a vanilla sweet cream cold brew and a caramel macchiato.
- Can I buy you one of those? I would not be opposed.
- Where do you get your ideas from? I’m pretty open minded, so I get inspiration from just about anywhere. The trick is to write things down when you think of them, and always be looking for new sources of inspiration. Yesterday it was my Top Ramen. Tomorrow it will probably be some 80’s band.
- You like 80’s music? Yeah. Who doesn’t? Like seriously. Admit it.
- What other jobs have you had besides PR? My employment history includes operating a roller coaster at Legoland, California, personal shopping in an upscale clothing boutique by the beach, selling Macbooks in my campus tech and bookstore, and tutoring fellow students at my campus Writing Center.