Happy New Year from your caffeinated beauty lover! To ring in 2018 with some bling, I rounded up my favorite glittery beauty products in this week’s Fave Five post.
I am obsessed with all things glitter, and I’ll take any excuse to wear it, so New Year’s Eve is naturally one of my favorite beauty holidays. Sequins and are mandatory. Glitter makeup is non-negotiable. So when it comes to my New Year’s look, I go all out in glitter eyeliner, glitter shadow, glitter nails, and even glitter lips. Is it too much? Maybe. But on New Year’s Eve? Never.
All that glitters is gold, along with my top 5 glittery beauty essentials. With the right gold eyeshadow and metallic lip gloss, you’ll shimmer all the way through the ball drop and shine in your first moments of 2018.
1. Anastasia Beverly Hills Metallic Lip Gloss in Gilded: I’m not normally one for out-there lip colors, but New Year’s Eve is the time to do it. This glitzy gloss goes on as smoothly as the champagne goes down at a New Year’s party.
2. MAC Dazzleshadow in I Like to Watch: Words cannot describe how gorgeously pigmented this is, and it’s my go-to when I go for gold. I used to wear MAC more when I was a competitive dancer (our team was required to wear MAC for our stage makeup because it’s so heavy-duty and long lasting) but I recently started wearing it more for tailgates and other marathon events. Making it perfect for NYE.
3. Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliner in Midnight Cowboy: I trust very few glitter eyeliners. This is one of them. It comes in different colors, but my all-time favorite will always be Midnight Cowboy due to the name.
4. Essie Luxeffects Glitter Top Coat in Summit of Style: For nails to match your gold smoky eyes. Wear it over a gold base color, and it will not only look flawless, but also make you feel like a golden goddess in the first few days of 2018.
5. NYX Face and Body Glitter: What the eff is a New Year’s Eve without body glitter?
Loft Fit to be Tied Hair Ties: These telephone cord hair ties are trending right now, but that’s not the only reason I love them. They’re a sparkly step up from regular hair ties, basically an effortless way to upgrade the ponytail this year. I’ll take any easy upgrades I can get.